What Is Telemarketing?
Telemarketing is a very common form of marketing companies use to connect with potential customers of their products or services.
Historically, telemarketing consisted of companies making telephone calls to existing or potential customers.
With new technology, telemarketing has expanded to include video conferencing calls as well, although those are typically conducted with existing customers.
Telemarketing is often used to try to sell a product or service, but it can also take the form of surveys or information gathering. For instance, political campaigns use telemarketing heavily prior to elections to inquire about voting preferences.
When companies call new customers, the activity is referred to as cold calling. This means the consumer has not purchased from the company before nor have they requested a call from the company. Companies can buy a list of potential customers to call from a list service, which will provide a list of consumers who have similar interests or purchasing histories that fit the company’s target market.
What are the advantages of telemarketing?
1. Telemarketing involves lower overhead costs than employing an outside sales force, saving small businesses money.
2. Telemarketing helps you expand your business by selling to customers in other sales territories, whether locally or nationally.
What are the disadvantages of telemarketing?
Despite the sales value that telemarketing offers, many consumers associate it with a negative image.
1.Customer reactions are not always friendly, as bad experiences with telemarketers contribute to the negative stereotype.
2. Some customers find the unwanted calls annoying or are wary of scams.
3. Another major disadvantage of telemarketing is that the customer lists are expensive to purchase and may not be up to date.
The importance of telemarketing
Telemarketing is used to build relationships and generate potential leads. … It is the job of telemarketers to approach potential clients (over the phone) and drum up interest in the company’s products or services.
In a nut shell these two below are the importance of telemarketing.
1. Building of Relationships
2. Generation of Leads
If you want us to answer calls on your business page,website or attend to your mails, reach us on http://avirtual-assistant.com/contact-me